2019 is going to be a great, new year full of happiness, health, prosperity and FUN. We want our community to have an equally fantastic year, so that’s why we are dedicated to supporting 1 Bay area philanthropy each month. To kick it off, we’re supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay.
Big Brothers Big Sisters work everyday to provide children facing adversity with professionally supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships that will change their lives for the better, forever. This is a simple but powerful mission which serves as the foundation for what they do and what we wholeheartedly support.
In our efforts to support this great cause, we are selling retail items whose proceeds entirely benefit the charity. Available in our retail shops, only through the month of January, pick up eco-friendly reusable bags and koozies for $5 each. 100% of the proceeds from their sales go directly to the philanthropy!
Thanks to dedicated volunteers and generous donors, Big Brother Big Sisters serves children from all walks of life. And their success is in the numbers. For their Little Brothers and Little Sisters:
- 98% are promoted to the next grade level
- 98% have no involvement with the Department of Juvenile Justice
- 70% maintained or improved their outlook on their own educational success
- 99% are less likely to be involved with drugs
- 97% feel they have a trusting adult in their lives other than a parent or relative
- 72% maintained or improved their social skills
- 82% maintained or improved in the area of educational expectations
- 75% maintained or improved in the avoidance of risky behaviors
If one of your resolutions this year is to give back to the community, this is a great opportunity for you. Become a Big Brother or Big Sister! Not only will you change the life of a child, your life will be changed too. Learn how to volunteer today » https://bbbstampabay.org/be-a-big/
You can also support by attending our Hard Rock Trivia night! Earn cash prizes, enjoy Happy Hour specials and benefit a great cause all at the same time. Join us in the Hard Rock Cafe on Tuesday, January 15 to be a part of the fun!