Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa is cooking up special dad approved meals for all of the lucky dads out there during the month of June.
The property’s award winning restaurants will offer customized mouth-watering menus and we sat down with Executive Chef Bill Gideon to see what he has cooking and where he gets his foodie inspiration from.
Chef Gideon is known as the Seminole Hard Rock Tampa’s culinary expert who oversees the seven award winning dining venues and is the ultimate decision maker when it comes to what’s cooking in their kitchens.
Rise Kitchen & Bakery is one of his favorite places to dine. Known for being a “sandwich guy” Chef Gideon has an attention to detail that is truly immaculate. His work ethic and goals stand as tall as the many layers he adds to a sandwich found in Rise Kitchen & Bakery.
This month, Chef is cooking up something new and mouth-watering that we’re sure is “dad approved” and ready to knock off their socks! We now introduce to you the “Philly Cheesesteak Melt” made up of:
4 slices thick Texas Toast white bread
1 white onion, thinly sliced
1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 pound rib-eye steak, very very thinly shaved or sliced
3 oz. extra virgin olive oil
4 oz Unsalted butter
4 oz. Beer Cheese Sauce
4 oz or 4 slices Muenster Cheese
Here’s how to re-create this jackpot sandwich for dad:
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the oil, onions, bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about six minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Push off to one side of the griddle. In a separate nonstick pan or pancake griddle add half of the butter and start to toast the bread slices.
- Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with the back of two metal spatulas, until almost no longer pink, about two minutes.
- Mix in the sautéed vegetables. Add the cheese sauce (as much as you feel comfortable adding) and incorporate well.
- Spoon the cheesy meat mixture onto the toasted bread slices and then add the Muenster cheese.
- Place back on the griddle or pan and add remaining butter and toast as if making a grilled cheese sandwich.
- When you see the Muenster cheese starts to melt and get gooey, cut the sandwich in half like a triangle and enjoy!
Chef Gideon shares that the sandwich he specially curated “is exactly what I would want on a lazy Father’s Day” and “it offers the special dad in your life a Father’s Day treat he won’t forget!”
For more Father’s Day menu items or to check out what we have to offer at Seminole Hard Rock Tampa, please visit our website by clicking here.