Welcome back, foodie fans! We’re continuing our Thanksgiving #FoodieFriday series with Pureed Yams with Ginger, Star Anise and Cinnamon by our Executive Chef Bill Gideon – the perfect side to acompany your Thanksgiving feast!
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 whole star anise
1 stick cinnamon
4 cups chicken stock
1 stick unsalted butter
¼ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated ginger
freshly ground peppers
- In a medium pot, add yams, star anise, cinnamon stick, and enough stock to cover, about 4 cups.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook yams until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid and discarding spices.
- Transfer yams to a food processor.
- Add butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger, and blend. Add reserved liquid to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with brown sugar.
- Torch until golden brown.
Check back next Friday to learn how to make Pan Seared Duck Breast with Quinoa, Acorn Risotto and Orange Maple Glaze by Council Oak Steaks & Seafood and Plum Lounge, Sous Chef Dave Puatu.
Be sure to check out the special menus for Thanksgiving at Seminole Hard Rock Tampa!