The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa will be introducing three new table games that will go live in October. You’ve got a few weeks to study up on these rockin’ games, so we’re going to provide you with all of the details on what these games are, how to play them and where to find them. For today, we’ll focus on 21 Baccarat, which is a variation of Baccarat that is played with the Blackjack counting system. This game in particular is dealt from a “shoe” that contains eight decks of cards and will also have the Baccarat burn-card procedure. This table is located in Jubao Palace. Stay tuned on Table Games Tuesday’s to learn about the two other new table games coming next month!
Here are the eight rules to remember when playing:
- The value of each hand is determined by the sum of the cards in the hand. Face cards (King, Queen, and Jack) will have a value of 10, an Ace can be 1 or 11, and the value of all remaining cards contained in the deck will be its face value.
- A two-card starting hand containing A-A (two aces) or an A and a 10-value card is a “natural.” A natural consisting of A-A (two aces) is the highest hand. A natural consisting of an A and a 10-value card is the second highest hand.
- The Dealer will deal four cards face down. The first and third cards are for the Player’s hand and the second and fourth cards are for the Banker’s hand.
- Whenever there is a natural, there will be no draw and the game ends immediately. Otherwise, one card will be drawn for each hand that is not 17 or better. A hand totaling 17 or better, including a soft 17, must stand.
- A winning Player or Banker hand is paid even money except when the winning hand has a total of 17, (including soft 17’s) in which case the winning wager is paid one half (50% of the wager).
- If decision is not made, within the first two cards, use the under soft 17 rule to finish dealing the hand. Only one additional card can be drawn to the Player and/or Banker (Maximum total of 3 cards for each the Player’s and Banker’s hand).
- If one hand is 21 or under and the other is over 21, the hand 21 or under wins. If both hands are over 21, the lower hand wins. All Tie bets are a push.
- Upon completion of dealing the hand:
- The Dealer will take and pay all Bonus wagers first from right to left and hand off the winning wagers.
- Next, the Dealer will take and pay all Tie wagers from right to left and hand off the winning wagers.
- Finally, the Dealer will take and pay all regular bets from right to left.
The Player can place a Bonus wager on the Player hand and/or the Banker hand. If the hand the Player is betting matches one of the following winning Bonus hands, the Bonus wager will be paid according to the pay tables below:
|Hand Type||Pay Table|
|777||80 to 1|
|3 of a Kind (222,333 etc.)||35 to 1|
|3 Card Straight (A23, 234 etc.)||12 to 1|
|3 Card 21 (669,55A etc.)||5 to 1|
|One Pair (22, JJ etc.)||3 to 1|
A pair counts only if it’s the first two cards.
All Tie wagers are paid 10 to 1.
If a card is exposed after the dealing cycle, use this card for a free hand. No action is permitted during the free hand.
Information courtesy of Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa