Get to know Tim McLaughlin, Director of Hotel Operations for the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa. Tim has been a member of the band since May 2010 and he currently oversees more than 100 team members.
Here are five questions to help you get to know our rock star of hotel operations.
1. How did you get started working in the hotel industry?
I started as a front desk clerk in Detroit, Michigan for the Westin Hotel Renaissance Center.
2. What are some of your career highlights prior to working at the Seminole Hard Rock Tampa?
I lived in Atlantic City, New Jersey for 18 years where I was part of the teams that opened the Trump Taj Mahal and the Borgata Hotel and Casino. I ended my time in New Jersey when I had the opportunity to help open Atlantis the Palm Hotel & Resort in Dubai.
3. What would you say makes Seminole Hard Rock Tampa different from other hotels you have worked for?
I love how committed to the team everyone is here. It’s very family oriented and loyal.
4. What is your most memorable moment here at the Seminole Hard Rock Tampa?
My team here is something I will never forget. This team has gotten some of the highest customer service scores out of any of the places I have ever worked. We recently received 102% on our Secret Shop scores and those kinds of scores are unheard of. Honestly, the team that I work with consists of some of the best people within the industry.
5. What advice would you give someone trying to follow in your footsteps?
Be the person that’s the solution and not the problem. I always say, it’s the company, the guest, the team and then me. I’m the last person I’m concerned about when I make decisions. I’m usually thinking what’s best for the company, what’s best for the guest and then what’s best for the team.
FUN FACT: Tim once rode in the elevator with rock star Jon Bon Jovi while working at the Borgata Hotel and Casino and has rubbed elbows with many other rock stars at Seminole Hard Rock Tampa.